- Completely new looks for all the main characters
- A new reign, the Harvest Reign
- Harvest Princess questline, up to her recruitment
- New items (Cardinal Bell, Prize-Winning Carrot, Withered Cornucopia…)
- EGGS! as a new delivery method for certain Princesses (kobolds, insects, moths, driders, lamias and dragons for now)
- “Monstersomes”, our new method to determine which characters will be inherited in every new generation of monsters
- Costumes becoming wearable from Progeny too
- New progeny races (driders, lamias and dragons)
- New animations for Insect Princess
- New animations for Mouse Princess
- New animations for Human Princess
- New animations for rabbits
- New animations for slimes
- New animations for ghosts
- New animations for dragons
- New animations for insects
- New animations for mice
- New animations for dogs
- New animations for kobolds
- New animations for skeletons
- New pregnancy announcement scene for Rabbit Princess
- New pregnancy announcement scene for Harvest Princess
- New Goblin X Mouse fluff scene
- Kobold ending
- Ice Dragon ending
- Most gameplay elements reworked (population, wealth, gifts…)
- Updated UI elements
- And much more…
A third pixel animator/editor will join the team soon and here’s the preview of a cool set of animations for ghost NPCs he’s working on, the one shown being for transparent ghosts!
Akai just finished working on the remade animations for Mouse and will now move onto Insect, while adding one completely new animation for both!
Fleshbean will deliver a large batch of them very soon too (dragons, MORE dragons, skeletons and mice)!
This was the latest of Flesh’s batches, with more than 20 animations added to our pool!
With this many new animations I’ve found myself looking around for NPCs much more than before, cursing the many wars happening in the debug savefile for stopping most of the cute monstergirls from visiting the various places in the Kingdom: the usual meeting places were almost empty, with 1-2 visitors at most.
The skeletons’ dance club had the usual skeleton dancers, but no actual customer. That’s got to be bad for business.
With this, I think we’re ready to proceed with August Animation Poll!
On the sprites department: golems are ready! All the main races have custom sprites now, we’re just missing the ones for races that have a Progeny, but aren’t playable yet (dragons, driders and lamias)!
I’ll go back working on one of the new scenes we’ve added (Mouse X Goblin Princess counseling at the Campsite), everything got to be ready for the 30th~!
… and I’m not even talking about v0.15 finally be ready to be released during August.
Let’s make good use of the start of this new month to write down what’s planned to get done as far as art is concerned!
All the old costumes are getting reshaped to fit the new girls, but considering how things are right now, this wasn’t enough!
Just like Regalia (that’s the name of the royal dresses) can be wore by classic and custom Princesses…
… all the other dresses AND alternative forms are getting the same treatment!
This means that (now) custom Princesses will be able to wear the different dresses like the classic one do and that (shortly after v0.15) the NPCs and Progeny will be able to wear them too!
Imagine being in a beach/underwater map and to meet a golem that’s not wearing its Big Mommy Suit.. ridicolous!!
To make another example: Kobold Princess won the poll last month (DnD rogue costume) 🡆 all the kobolds will be able to wear that set and to look dark and edgy!
Same thing goes for pregnant NPCs.
The Princesses are of course getting their pregnant portraits this month, but the same will happen for all the custom looking characters!
NPC events to “feel” the Kingdom
I’m planning a lot of possible random events to happen (always blended with what’s happening in the Kingdom during your playthrough), and characters may appear sometime to ask the Knight for help, being it monster-related help or mundane quests.
While it seems like a little thing, mixing random events with the sexy ones will make the latters feel both more special and more natural, if you get what I mean.
There will be places you’ll visit for easy lewds, other you’ll visit for quests and other you’ll visit to relax and to chat with travelers or local characters.
Once again I will stress this concept: this is not an Adult Game as much as it’s a Game with (a lot of) Adult content.
We want to make both the parts of it enjoyable.
I’ve reworked how sprites are called / assigned to the characters ingame, this new method makes everything easier and drastically reduces the workload to add new ones to the our pool and to play around with them:
- all the NPCs are assigned the closest one between the ones at our disposition (around 500 for the currently playable races), only the golems are missing and are currently being prepared
- same things goes for the Princesses and for your NPCs. If you’re an eligible Patron (10$ tier ) you can get your custom looking character to appear in the Faun’s Tavern!
Ha! We’re also getting eggs for all the different races that need them this month!
Kobolds already have theirs, but Insects, Moths, Driders, Lamias and Dragons also need their own!
The eggs will give hints about their content once you get used to the patterns, but nothing more than the race and the colour of the offspring!
Lastly, in August we’ll get the remaining members of the current cast done, namely Pirate, Arcane, Crest and Gazer Princess (names may be subject to changes).
We’re taking alternative roads for some of them, expect new things! New things is good!
About time for a new development update! They will be kept free until v0.15 is ready.
The development of the Harvest Reign is proceeding smoothly and we’re close to have all the pre-recruiting events ready. TAGM just finished working on the main BGM for the place too, but a second one is already in the making! You can play it by using the music menu to the bottom left of these pages and choosing “Harvest Festival“!
There’s many hidden secrets in this completely new and apparently peaceful reign, including a new Princess hidden somewhere! This new girl isn’t just a cameo, but is already a very important addition to the new release and I can already see her becoming one of the favourites for many!
Now, back to the actual dev talk: in the past month I’ve changed a lot about how the game works:
- Wealth has been completely reworked, it won’t raise overtime anymore and is a VERY important stat to keep in check during war times, being one of the few ways for a reign to sustain drawn out wars without losing Population!
- Population is a thing! There are now new ways to gain and lose population for a reign.
Reaching 0 Population will inevitably mean RUIN!
- Food Sources are now important and the only way for the living to not lose population over time. Usually Harvest Princess provides for everybody, but there’s already ways for FAMINE to strike the Kingdom!In order for a reign to become independent from Harvest’s farms, at least 1 between these conditions has to be met:
- The Princess is an Undead
- The Reign controls the Holstaur Farm
A second Food Source will be added soon, this time in the Southern part of the Kingdom.
- MonsterSomes are now live! The new system to transmit characters to the following generations works perfectly! This means that not only the 1st generation will be breedable and that the Progeny you get from the Princesses or NPCs will look like the mother!
You will be able to breed and select for the characteristics you prefer, getting closer and closer to the Progeny perfect for YOU!
- While waiting for the new Items Icons I’ve reworked the gifting system: most items’ effect has been improved and only a limited amount of gifts will be accepted daily by the Princesses!For example now the Frog’s Viscous Water will have a different effect for each Princess!
Harvest Princess may use it to fertilize the fields and get better crops, the insects could use it to grow their numbers even further while the slimes might have a VERY special use for such slimy waters!
- Lamia Progeny has been added! You’ll be able to meet them around the Kingdom as NPCs in the hot seasons (Bloomspring and Heatfall), but not during the colder ones (Bitterleaf and Chillbite) or after rainy days!
You can obtain Lamias only after you help their Princess out (or by resurrecting undead Progeny and praying the RNG gods)!
Have a free lamia! We have many more where this one came from!
There’d be still more to show: a lot of new areas, updated UIs and new quests, but let’s leave them for another time, this much will do for now!
My my, this place works the other way around.
Most of the subjects in the Harvest Reign are burly, manly, farmers, but the Harvest royal family has genes that carry feminine features in them. Maybe the royals came from somewhere else? Are they 100% human? Who knows…
One main difference between the inhabitants of the Harvest Reign and the rest of the Kingdom is that newborns aren’t randomly female or male.
Females are rarely born from the royal lineage and the males, while pretty girly, wouldn’t be admitted to the girl-only meetings the other Princesses hold to chat about politics and stuff!
That’s why it’s tradition for them to hide their true nature by dressing and acting like a girl, always keeping the royal item, the Cardinal Bell, well hidden in their pockets.
Just a ring of the Bell can change the sex of the target in an instant! Useful in dire situations.
This item will be available in the game, useful to change the sex of any Progeny and, as we finish working on their portraits, other Princesses!
You can’t tell apart males from females? Well, that means it’s working as intended.