Reign AffinityReign Affinity is the score that expresses how friendly you are with a reign and its inhabitants. It’s NOT how much the Princess of that reign likes you. Reign Affinity is needed for some useful stuff:
- Being allowed to meet the Princess of that reign;
- Progress with the questline of the Princess while she’s still on her throne;
- Being able to ask a Princess to declare war or make peace with someone.
- Completing that reign’s quests at the “Knights INC.”;
- Fighting battles against the enemies of that reign;
- Convincing one of their enemy Princesses to abdicate;
- Having sex with NPCs of that race;
- Saving a Princess from one of Dog Princess yandere tantrums.
- Giving (most) gifts to the Princess of that reign.
- Fighting battles against that reign;
- Getting caught during infiltrations.
Princess Affinity / RelationshipPrincess Affinity/Relationship is needed for the most important stuff:
- 3♥ are needed before a Princess accepts to elope with you during a siege (Goblin needs just 2♥);
- 3♥ and a Heir are needed before a Princess accepts to elope with you during an infiltration(Goblin needs just 1♥, Desert needs 2♥, Mouse doesn’t need a Heir);
- 3♥ and are needed before a Princess accepts to have sex with you during an infiltration (Goblin needs just 1♥, Desert needs 2♥);
- Picking good dialogue options or solve quests Princesses assign you during audiences;
- Saving a Princess from one of Dog Princess yandere tantrums.
- Picking bad dialogue options or fail quests Princesses assign you during audiences;
DiplomacyEach possible couple of reigns has a Diplomacy score that’s used to express how much they like eachother. The starting Diplomacy, at the beginning of the game, isn’t 0 most of the times. There’s Princesses that are already buddies and others that dislike eachother, like humans and skeletons, or cats and mice! The value isn’t fixed and can change after events happening in the game. Diplomacy raises after:
- NPCs effects (like Niu’ya or Helias);
- Tea Parties (level 1 Knights INC quest) going positively (~80% chance);
- You ask a Princess to stop a war;
- If a Princess sells another Princess she held captive to the goblins, her Diplomacy score with Goblin Princess will rise.
- A reign divides 2 reigns that are already at war (example: Human Princess declares war to Goblin Princess, but for them to reach eachother is necessary to go through the Desert Reign -> Both their Diplomacy scores with Desert Princess will drop!);
- Tea Parties (level 1 Knights INC quest) going negatively (~20% chance);
- You ask a Princess to declare war to another reign.
Kingdom EnmityIn the latest releases I focused a lot on trying to convey the Kingdom’s status in its daily life, mainly on the number of NPCs in meeting places (like the Clocktown, the Faun’s Tavern, the Greenkin Brewery…), on the initial requirements to meet a Princess and on Merchant Princess! An increasing number of wars will now:
- decrease the number of NPCs you find around the Kingdom;
- increase the Affinity required to be allowed to meet a Princess by her guards;
- Slow down Merchant Princess travels.
Kingdom LewdnessPrincesses are role models, someone looked with great attention by all their subjects. If they’re naughty, there’s a chance their subjects end up being naughty too! If they start wearing revealing costumes or allowing some knight into their rooms, the people will eventually notice and this will gradually increase the number of NPCs that will follow their example and accept to have sex while being in meeting spots around the Kingdom! Remember Shade Princesses we talked about in here, as the result of using the Shade Brace on a Princess? What do you think it would happen if you let a Shade Princess have sex freely? Yep. Lewdness.
Breeding & Rebreeding in Princess & ConquestJust like Mendel taught, but now done properly! Before, only breeding with the 1st generations was possible, and the offsprings you got that way could already differ greatly from their own mothers. Now, through Breeding & Rebreeding, selective breeding becomes possible! You can choose, between all the Progeny you get from one of the girls, your favourite one, so that the following generations will look like the new mother you chose this way! You get a rare variety or coloration of a monster (like the human/spider hybrid in gen IV in the picture down here)? If you breed her it will be much easier to get another of the same rare variety! This is just the surface of it all, the mechanics underlying the patterns of transmissions of said features will try to simulate as closely as possible what happens in real life. A brief plunge into madness:
The KoboldSome (Kobold Chromosome)This will SURELY be included in the instructions manual upon release. I’ve planned the features to be placed on a single (for now, as long as we have less than ~10 different characters to be inherited) chromosome, for each race. To keep things even simpler there won’t be one for the Knight, let’s assume he’s some kind of universal breeder, that doesn’t influence the offsprings. In short, this means only the mother will influence the Progeny you get. By placing the different features on a chromosome you can determine how often 2 characters are transmitted together. Looking at the one for kobolds you can see that horn and tail shape often go together, this can be good if you want to keep or change both, but it makes it really difficult to keep one, while changing the other!
AttributesThis change is bigger than it seems, and envelops many aspects of the game. The Princesses now will have attributes, possibily varying if you’re using Custom Princesses instead of the Classic ones. The Attributes (the grouped ones are usually mutually exclusive) are:
Life ForceSimply put: the balance between the living and the dead. If it rises, during your travels you will more likely meet one of the many living races that populate the Kingdom. If there’s too many wars, or famine spreading (pestilence soon?), the Kingdom’s Life Force will drop and you will find way more NPCs of undead races! It will naturally float to reflect the Kingdom’s status but, as you’ll see in this post, there will be other tricks to influence it, for better or worst.
All the wishes for the Putridarium are ready!
- Egg Wish: 1 week duration. Reusable.
- Chicken Wish: 1 time only. Exhausts the Soul. Consider it the parting gift a Princess has in store for the Kingdom.
- Tea Festival
- Army: March!
- Slimy Alchemy
- Life Outburst
- Golem Rocks
- Impossible Love
- Baby Boom!
- Killing Wish
- Death: March!
- Corruption Resilience
- Kingdom Erotica!
- Impregnable Nights
- Soul Transfer!
- Goblin Shark
- Rising Dark
- Cat Nap
- Black Cat Curse!
Mouse Princess (currently unkillable)
- Scavenging Talent
- High Walls!
- Motherly Instinct
- Heir Rush!
- Sunny Disposition
- Fertile Lands!
WealthNow that there’s mechanics that regulate slave trades (goblin), food trades (harvest), customs (mouse) and war expenses, together with more events that can change a reign’s wealth (like during Tea Parties) I’m ready to leave it to these game’s features, without having Wealth go up by itself after set times.
- War Expenses
Tax/Wealth/Population mechanicsThe Wealth and Population flows, without considering the event-based rises or drops (selling slaves, conquering cities and so on…) now work on a daily/weekly basis.
DAILYEvery day the Population of each Reign will rise if:
- that Reign has at least 1 Wealth and no food shortage. Skeleton, Ghost and Golem are immune to food shortages.
- that Reign has 0 Wealth or if there’s food shortage. Skeleton, Ghost and Golem are immune to food shortages.
WEEKLYEvery week the Wealth of each Reign will rise if their income exceeds their expenses. Income= Population / 100 Expenses= (War number * 3) + (Mouse Tax) With this formula, by the end of the week, a Reign with 500 Population can manage to fund its war campaigns against a single enemy (5 – 3 = 2), but will start losing Wealth if it ends up waging war to two Reigns at once (5 – 6 = -1)! The Mouse Tax has a value of 2 and hinders the sustainability of wars quite a lot! If we consider the same 500 Population scenario, a Reign at war with a single enemy and affected by the Mouse Tax won’t recieve any Wealth at the end of the week (5 – 3 – 2 = 0)! As the Population of a Reign increases it will become possible for them to fund more wars at once. You can check the predicted Wealth rises or drops in the Status Menu!
Depending on this balance, at the end of the week, the Reign will recieve or lose Wealth points. If its Wealth reaches 0 this way that Reign will lose Population, daily, for the whole week! By losing Population they could also become more and more unable to sustain many wars at once, so it’d be better for them just to drop it before it’s too late! Make sure you help the Princesses take the right decision when that time comes!
Slave AuctionsIf you have a Slaver Pass in your hands, you’ll be able to join the daily auctions the goblins hold in their palace! The starting “goods” are the races that do not have a reign of their own, namely kobolds, dogs, driders and even lamias. Without a powerful Princesses protecting them they’re perfect targets for the goblins’ slave hunters! Of course as your playthrough unfolds all the defeated races will be added to the list of the available ones. Consider that an auction normally would last 120 seconds, I’ve cut the timer down to 30 seconds in order to shorten the lenght of the video as much as possible. The starting price for this slime was pretty low, slime aren’t considered that valuable, and that’s the reason why it didn’t get many offers. As the desirability of the slave increases, so do the number of partecipants and of offers it will recieve! Desirability is influenced by:
- race’s rarity (from kobolds… to lamias)
- frequency (a race that was often sold in the previous week loses value)
- slave’s level (1 to 10)
- slave’s profession
- Warrior ( 10% 10% 70% 10% )
- Bounty Hunter ( 10% 10% 40% 40% )
- Merchant ( 10% 10% 10% 70% )
- Courtesan ( 10% 40% 10% 40% )
- Harlot ( 10% 70% 10% 10% )
- Maiden ( 70% 10% 10% 10% )
- Noble ( 40% 10% 10% 40% )
- Bocca di Rosa ( 40% 40% 10% 10% )
- Wild One ( 25% 25% 25% 25% )
- Gifted One (all unallocated)